Friday, September 12, 2008

Rapunzel's TODAY SHOW Revenge!



Here's the segment that aired on the TODAY SHOW this morning. Wow! Tremendous job! We didn't get to see the hoped-for "Rokerpunzel," but the wig did get a lot of screen time on one of the kids' heads. Fine work, "Charliepunzel." They picked great, spoiler free pages to highlight, a whole bunch of them. Gotta say, it was weird seeing those drawings on my teevee. 

The story that aired before the book club was called "From Jail to Yale," about a felon who was attending Yale Law School. I was waiting for them to say, "And now from Jail to Yale to HALE." I should write for television.

But let's talk about the real star of the show. Dean! Good grief! He's got star quality! The camera loves that guy. He was as laid back and cool as anyone I've ever seen in a live television situation--including George Clooney! Dean, can I get an 8x10 glossy?

Fantastic job! Thank you Shannon, Dean, Al Roker, Charliepunzel and everyone at the TODAY SHOW.

12 comments:

Greg and Leigh said...

HOLY COW your on TV... that's pretty cool!!! They showed the wig a whole bunch but did they ever say anything about it?

Julie Olson said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!! Next thing you know you're art will be all over TV or you'll be making big bucks b/c they'll want to make a TV series out of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for posting it--it was awesome.

Anonymous said...

WOW. I loved the video. Thanks for posting it.

Jaime Mormann Richardson said...

Very cool. I only wish you had been on there, too. Did Mindy knit that?! I'm very impressed. Good job on your blog, Nate!

mer said...

way to go Nate! just found your blog. fun stuff.

Kayleen said...

I loved the clip. I'm usually at school by the time things like that come on TV. I can hardly wait to tell my students about it. Congratulations Nate!

Nathan said...

Hey thanks for the nice comments everybody. I've been slow to post anything new, because I wanted this story to stay on top a while. The show really gave Rapunzel a boost. What a way to launch a book, right?

Kelleen said...

Incredible! How nice to be related to someone rich and famous...or at least famous. hee hee. LOVE the wig - way to go Mindy! Benj. couldn't take his nose out of the book while we were at Linda's the other day - it's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Darn, I missed this!
-Nancy Viau
author of Samantha Hansen Has Rocks in Her Head

Lisabella said...

fantastic! great interview--no wonder Rapunzel has so much spunk; Shannon does.

That was fun to watch. I didn't know Al had a kid's book club--so much more my style than Oprah's books.

victoria said...

I've loved perusing your blog today. How great to get a TV spot! What a talented cuz. Hope to see you guys soon. Your kids are huge, and have grown extra arms.