Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Gift of Slime

Soon after I finished Rapunzel's Revenge, I got a package in the mail. It was from the Rapunzel authors, Shannon and Dean Hale. They sent me a nice big Amazon box full of graphic novels. They sent RUNAWAYS, Joss Whedon's X-men, and Volume 1 of INVINCIBLE (geez I wish I could draw action as clean and sharp as Cory Walker on INVINCIBLE--wow!) I looked at those drawings a lot while I worked on book 2.

So I finished Calamity Jack this week, and yesterday I got another Amazon box. No comics this time. This time, I got a slime gun.

Modeled here by my son Ulysses.

...and my daughter Lucy.

Here's me looking amused. "This will be delightful."

"It shoots WHAT?"

"Kids, don't point that at me. Hey, I mean it---splaaat!" 

Fire one Uly!

Drip. Fire two Lucy. Drip.

Dean, Shannon, I don't know how to thank you (as Kermit the Frog would say, "I don't know why to thank you.") But I'm bringing the slime gun to our next meeting. I won't point it at you, I'll let your son Max do that. Bring goggles.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Haha...that's pretty funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Mrs. Hale's son should have a feild day with that!
Hhhhmmm... Does it make sound effects? I couldn't help but wonder... A little boy in church today was telling a story and his sister was helping him and it was full of sound effects. Their dad and I were the only ones there... Very funny to watch...
~Kiera and sis.

Nathan said...

The only sound effect it makes is the sound of slime hitting face. Cold, cold slime.

edith said...

I gotta get me some of those goggles! They are the coolest.
NO, you are the coolest--congratulations on the finishing of Calamity Jack!

Anonymous said...

Disapionting.
~Kiera and Sis

Sherry said...

Wow, you did it! Splat. No one would want you to get a big head, you know.