Friday, April 23, 2010

"JURASSIC WATER PARK" 8


Roadtrip!

I'm annoyed by those "Family" bumper stickers, you know, the ones with a sticker for each parent and child--sometimes even the pets. I've always thought they were..I don't know, annoying. (Hey, what bumper stickers aren't annoying?) Well, my kids absolutely LOVE them--they've been begging me to put them on our car's rear window (maybe if I could find some LEGO minifig ones...) they haven't won yet, I'm sure I'll cave at some point. And here's proof, the family in this story has them.

I saw a matinee of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON yesterday--what a cool movie, I got a giant kick out of it. I don't know why the vikings had Scottish accents, though. I imagine if they tried it with Nordic/Swedish accents everyone would sound like that Swedish Chef muppet. Anyway, fun movie--LOVE the design of that main black dragon. Have a good weekend!

9 comments:

Stuart said...

Maybe you should make your own one of those bumper stickers with Jack, Punzie, and Freddie.

Anonymous said...

First off: Dragon is possibly the best movie of the YEAR! I want one of the black dragons for my very own! And if you know anything about Viking history, the Scottish accents make sense. . . sort of. And are also hilarious.

Please inform the kiddies that those @#$%^&**$ stickers are actually a safety hazard, alerting kidnappers to the number of kids in the family, etc.

And annoying!

Debbie Barr said...

I also saw that for the first time yesterday! Great movie. And I'm excited to see where the story is going!

Nathan said...

Stuart--You are right, I should totally make some Rapunzel stickers. Last week an editor asked me when I was going to make "VAMPOLINE" into a sticker. I think I need to go buy a sticker maker. Anyone have any luck with getting stickers made?

Jessica--I don't care if you know all there is to know about dragons and vikings, I'm still not buying that Scottish accent. Cute and funny, yes, but "making sense" no way. BTW when's DRAGON SLIPPERS getting that same movie treatment?

Debbie--Did you see it at the Riverwoods Winsong theater at 4:50? Because if you did, you were one of two tiny groups that were there. I'm excited to get to where this story is going. It seems like things move a little slower when you can't just spell everything out with text.

Je Reve said...

I can't wait for the weekend to be over, oddly enough. Nope, I can wait. There's a library book sale tomorrow. I can wait for the water park.

Chris said...

Best line: "It's not so much what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand about you."

Lizzie said...

Um, Vampoline stickers? YES PLEASE.

Have you read 'Up and Up' by Shirley Hughes? It's one of my favourite wordless childrens books. It's about a little girl who eats a ginormous easter egg that makes her fly. It can't compete with you and JWP for mysterious possible dinosaur related hijinks, but it's fairly excellent...

Brandon Sanderson said...

I thought of this:

http://www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/070923.html

(He actually sells those alien stickers, I think.)

Nathan said...

Haha--Brandon, I just saw this post. That sticker is hilarious!