Thursday, June 9, 2011

Silver Chair Waiting Area

Hey everyone--I'm looking forward to the Silver Chair cover and discussion. But it's going to have to happen tomorrow.

It's now 1:21 AM, and I'm still fighting my page quota. Today's pages have been very elaborate--they are part of a complex naval battle scene. There are multiple ships, there is choppy water, there are hundreds of tiny sailors, cannons, explosions--don't get me wrong, I'm having a BLAST. But these pages are going LONG.

The comments so far have been very interesting. I've apparently flip-flop/mirror-imaged the last two images. So bizarre. Also, I seem to have misplaced a sea serpent on the Dawn Treader cover. I can't believe I missed a whole SEA SERPENT! I seriously can't remember the sea serpent. The day I finally Google these covers is going to be a VERY interesting day.

See you tomorrow. Bone up on your Silver Chair. I have a clear image of both the cover and the story--only one thing: I can't remember the importance of the actual Silver Chair. Don't tell me, maybe I'll remember.

2 comments:

Clint C. said...

I remember zero about the Silver Chair, except the cover, and I read it four times as a kid! It's the first day of summer and we're going to start reading out loud from chapter one of Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe--thanks for the inspiration!

Chris said...

I'm enjoying these, and I'm glad your stopwatch gadget allows you to keep the blog going. It would have been a sad summer without the space station.

I'm surprised that you remember the cover art so well but so little about the stories. I guess it comes with being an artist. I'm the opposite, remembering plots and details from most of the books I've read but hardly any pictures.